Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Strawberry U-Pick Day

Strawberry U-Pick Day

This evening after unsuccessfully selling Jared on designs for his iPhone case I started messing around with my blog page again (still not happy - please don't hold this look against me!). I realized there had to be a faster way to upload photos. I downloaded a program that is helping me move photos more quickly from iPhoto to flickr. And then while in "future" mode in flickr I just started grabbing the html code of pics and pasting directly into my blog page (while in "edit html" mode). It's working beautifully!! I don't know why I hadn't thought of it before...could've saved myself a bit of time. Maybe I should have asked my lovely twitter peeps for advice long ago as well - they always have the answers it seems! :o)

Anyway, since it's now so darn easy to upload pics I figured I'd share some from the Summer vault of my iPhoto stash. Here was strawberry picking & strawberry jam making from last month.

Strawberry U-Pick Day

We picked (and Bird ate) tons of berries...perfectly ripe, humongous, organic, amazingly sweet.

Strawberry U-Pick Day

Once home Jared separated the berries into categories: ripe and more ripe. I then used the more ripe berries for jam!

We really love Jamie Oliver's book "Jamie at Home" and the strawberry jam recipe is simple and straightforward. We took it one step further and did the whole canning process rather than leaving it fresh. That way we can enjoy jam for months.

Strawberry U-Pick Day

Mashing the berries by hand is so awesome...I definitely recommend it!

Strawberry U-Pick Day

The magic happening.

Strawberry U-Pick Day

Rows of ruby red jam - & it tastes as good as it looks :o)

Well this was probably my quickest post ever...

Nighty night!
hugs, Devon

1 comment:

Lauren H. said...

Looks delish! I use picasa: nice program for organizing on your computer, it lets you easily choose which pics you want to upload to the web album for public viewing and you're on one google account through the entire process of blogging, e-mailing, etc. Definitely worth a try and it is free!