Monday, October 22, 2007

Where's the sun??


Maybe we tricked ourselves into losing the morning sun by getting up so early all those days last week. But wow, it is REALLY dark at 6:30! I thought for sure the glow would be out by then and we'd start having some 'wake up light' (I love a natural alarm clock), but nope, super dark and not very inspiring I have to say. It's terrible how tied to light I am - I really need to get over it. Actually in Germany it was dark till around 7:30am while we were there. Oh, and I suppose with daylight savings on the way (4th of Nov) things should lighten up a bit.

I actually am better suited now for the darkening of the days toward winter. Jared helped me change out the overhead light in my office/studio and it's TONS better now. I had a pretty half globe paper shade (ikea!) up on the ceiling that really glowed more than illuminated. Now I have a little spotlight track (more ikea! - 'as is' dept. $10!) that has 5 halogen lights that cheerfully light up all the important spots...computer/sewing desk, paper cutting/mail center, painting/sewing prep area. It's funny how I could go so long without fixing the lighting situation in here. I've probably had the track light for a year! So that along with my desk lamps and some accents, it feels really cozy in here :o)


I've got a new penguin boy in my shop today! His name is Mango and his fabrics/colors are really sweet. I was trying to finish him up on Friday but my mural sketches took the whole afternoon! I'll try to remember to post those as well - I'm happy with how they came out, and just need to hear back from my client. Oh, I also mentioned wanting so badly to get little plants for my 'plants on the brain' planters from clayflower at Etsy...I finally did on Saturday - yea!! They are too cute...I will be getting more little plant heads, if not for me then for some of my friends who love to garden too.

No comments: